Tired of the usual frying method? Are you looking for a new appliance that can do you well? If you are then all you need in this world is to own one of the best air fryer! Now for those of you who are not familiar with this product then you are in luck.
This article will talk all about air fryers and so if you want to know more about this appliance and get the best one in the market then all you have to do is read on.
The Top 10 Best Air Fryer Reviews To Check Out
If you are out shopping for air fryers, make sure that you check out the top ten air fryers that we recommend for you.
1. Philips Digital Airfryer, X-Large, the original Airfryer with Rapid Air Technology, Black, HD9240/94
One of the best products ever made by Philips, this air fryer helps you cook with 75% less fat. Not only that, this is also one of the brands that is recommended by famous reality-TV chef Gordon Ramsay to his viewers.
It can also use not just for frying alone; in fact, it can grill, roast and bake with just a tablespoon of oil. It contains double layer rack accessory so you can have a maximized cooking surface.
The air fryer is also designed with a digital touchscreen interface with a 60 minute timer. The temperature can be adjusted up to 390 degrees and is very safe to use in your dishwasher. Plus, you get a recipe book and app with 150 air fryer recipes that you can use.
- It’s easy to use and clean.
- Operating this air fryer is easy.
- It’s safe to use in your dishwasher.
- It can cook food really well.
- It’s lightweight.
- It is made with durable materials.
- It has a non-stick surface.
- It’s bigger compared to other types of air fryers.
- There are some design flaws.
- There are no filter trays.
2. Della Electric Air Fryer w/ Temperature Control, Detachable Basket Handle
This air fryer is one of the latest creations of the Generation New model of air fryers from Della. It is designed with air frying technology that is powerful enough to produce rapid hot air circulation system that allows you to fry your food just the way you like it.
It’s the most preferred for French fries and onion rings. This Della air fryer is also well-known for its performance and short preheating time. It is also designed with an automatic shut off and timer to tell you that your food is done. Temperatures can be adjusted from 175 F to 392 F so you can definitely enjoy your food.
It comes with a detachable basket so you can easily transfer your food and a carry handle so you can transfer the fryer with ease. You don’t have to worry about accidentally dropping your food basket as it comes with a protective plastic cover on the food basket. So basically, this is a no splatter, no mess and no smell fryer that you can use!
- It can also be used to pre-boil vegetables.
- It’s easy to use, saves you time and can cook your food easily.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It is sold at a reasonable price.
- According to users, food is not cooked thoroughly.
- Takes a while to cook food.
- The basket that came along with this fryer seemed to come loose.
3. Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100R Airfryer
Built with Rapid Air Circulation Technology, this wonderful air fryer is one of the bestselling models in the market today. This fryer distributes hot air with speed and prevision that allows you to cook your food easily without the use of too much oil.
It is designed with a nonslip feel and an automatic switch and 30-minute timer that lets you choose the time you want your food to be done. It also comes with a mesh metal basket that is detachable that can transfer your food easily.
It also comes with a removable baking rack and pan as well as a 52 Page Avalon Bay Cook Book to help you with your recipes.
- The size of the air fryer is great.
- It can be easily transported, thanks to the handles.
- The food tastes great and does not give you a “fried” after taste.
- It doesn’t use a lot of oil to cook food.
- It can be cleaned easily.
- Food keeps sticking to its surface.
- Stops working at some point.
- The fryer’s surface coating may come off after a few uses.
- Handles may break easy.
4. Zelancio Air Fryer with Rapid Air Technology
Just like Avalon, this fryer also makes use of Rapid Air Technology that uses hot air with precision and speed to help you cook your food. It uses less oil (about 70% less oil) and is designed with temperature controls at 175 F to 400 F that let you choose how well you want your food to be done.
You can bake in this fryer too; you can also grill and roast fish, chicken and more within 30 minutes tops. The timer is designed to automatically shut off and gives you a signal when your food is done. It has a 1.8 lbs. food capacity and all of its parts are safe for dishwashers so you can clean up easily.
- It is great for cooking small batches of food.
- The fryer shuts off automatically once food is done.
- It’s safe to use.
- It’s not messy to use and is easy to clean.
- It doesn’t produce any smoke or greasy smell.
- It’s safe to put inside the dishwasher.
- The compact size may take a lot of space in your kitchen.
- Some of its parts may come off.
5. Ivation 1500 Watt Multifunction Electric Air Fryer with Digital LED Display
If you want to cook healthier than ever then you need an air fryer and with the help of the Ivation 1500, you can do just that! This fryer is made with Revolutionary Air Technology that offers you hot air to help cook your food.
The temperature can be set up to 392 degrees depending on what kind of food you are cooking. It automatically shuts off when the food is done and what’s great is that you can also use this fryer to warm up food like meat, chips, cake, chicken and fish.
It also comes with removable pans and a detachable basket so you can easily clean it when you are done cooking.
- It has a stylish and chic finish.
- It’s easy to clean and can be placed in your dishwasher.
- It works quietly.
- It can cook food in no time.
- The size may be too big for small kitchen counters.
- It somehow produces an unpleasant smell once in use.
- Some accessories may not be available.
6. GoWISE USA GW22622 2nd Generation Electric Air Fryer w/ Temperature Control
Love frying food but don’t want to use too much oil? If you do then all you need is an air fryer and when it comes to air fryers, you can count on GoWISE.
Their latest product is known as the GoWISE USA GW22622 2nd Generation Electric Air Fryer that is designed to specifically meet your needs.
This fryer has an adjustable temperature control of 175 degrees F up to 392 degrees F that allows you to cook your food according to the crispiness that you like. The timer is set up to 30 minutes with automatic standby features.
It also has a ready light that lets you know that the air inside the fryer has reached the desired temperature before you place your food.
It is also ETL certified and comes with two controls for you to use in adjusting the temperature and timer to set it according to your desired cooking time. This fryer is also designed with a detachable basket so it is easier for you to transfer your food into a serving dish.
- Let’s you cook your food with little oil.
- It can cook fried dishes really well.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It’s priced cheaper than most branded air fryer but does the job really well.
- Too much heat can destroy some parts of the fryer.
- Some of its parts tend to break after a few uses.
7. Le Coucou Airfryer Harmony I Low Fat Healthy Non Stick Convenient no Oil-Smoke Black Rapid Air Fryer
Just like other air fryers, this too, uses less oil when it comes to cooking your food. In fact, all you need is a tablespoon of oil in order to cook food well.
It comes with two knob control panels to help you adjust the timer and temperature up to 390 degrees. The timer designed in this fryer has a 60 minute countdown and a buzzer that will automatically alarm as soon as the food is done.
It also automatically shuts off once food is ready making it easier for you to know when to take it out. Unlike other fryers, you can use this one to cook a variety of meals like vegetables, meats, seafood and many others. It’s also FDA and ETL certified so you know that it’s very safe to use.
- It’s easy to operate and clean.
- It can cook food with ease.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It’s sold at an affordable price.
- It’s designed well.
Cons: (as told by customers who had purchased this item)
- Looks like a small oven but nothing too exciting.
- Food comes out dry and tastes funny.
8. BLACK+DECKER HF110SBD
If you think Black Decker are only known for their powered tools then think again. They also produce one of the best air fryers; the BLACK+DECKER HF110SBD is made with dual convention fans which make up the convection system of this fryer for that extra crispiness in your food.
The timer for this fryer is set up to 60 minutes. This then shuts off when the food is done and automatically turns off the fryer once the time is up.
You can also cook your frozen vegetable or pizza rolls in this fryer as the temperature control can be set from 175 to 400 degrees F. Indicator lights will also turn on when it is turned on and turns off as soon as the desired preheat temperature is achieved.
This fryer can accommodate up to 2 liters or 8 cups of food/main dishes. You don’t need to use too much oil too as the circulating hot air will do the job for you. Now you can enjoy your favorite fried dish without guilt!
- It requires little time for preheating.
- It does not give out odor when in use.
- Cleaning up is easy.
- Good choice if you are new to air fryers.
- The timer must be turned on in order to operate.
- It also needs to have more variable on the temperature control dial.
9. Farberware Multi-functional Powerful and Versatile No Oil Smell, No Splatter, No Mess Fast Cooking Air Fryer
Do you love frying food but don’t want to deal with the oil splatter and heat? If you do then you need a reliable air fryer for this job and Farberware just have the appliance for you.
This multi-functional fryer is not only designed to fry food but also grilling, baking and roasting meats with little to no oil added. It can cook like a pro and unlike other fryers, the handles for this one is designed with cool-touch handles and housing.
It also comes with protective plastic covers on the food basket and a release buttons so no accidental drops for your food basket holder. The timer is set to 30 minutes and will automatically shut off once your food is ready.
- It can cook food well and fried dishes come out perfectly crispy.
- It is easy to use and saves up in preheating time.
- It’s very basic and operating this fryer is easy as pie.
- Not much oil is needed when frying but can still fry food like a gem.
- The Teflon coating tends to peel off.
- Size may be too big for smaller counter tops.
10. Big Boss 9063 1300-watt Oil-Less Fryer
If you are looking for traditional fryers but reinvented in some ways then this is the air fryer for you. It has triple cooking power; infrared heat, halogen and convection that leave food moist on the inside while crispy on the outside.
It can cook your food three times faster but uses lesser energy. It is best not only for frying food but also roasting, baking, steaming vegetables, grilling and even make desserts.
- It is multi-functional so you can use more than one ways.
- The size is bigger than any other fryers.
- It can’t cook any faster than your regular oven.
- It can only handle small batches of food or dishes.
- Food tends to stick on the racks and trays.
- It doesn’t always cook food thoroughly.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food with the use of circulating hot air around it. A mechanical fan is designed so hot air can cook food at high speed thus producing a crispy layer.
This effect is also known as the Maillard effect. The air that is circulating in this appliance is around 200 celcius and can fry food like chicken, fish, potatoes, pastries and many others without using too much oil. It is far better than your traditional fryer if you ask me. The first air fryer was introduced in Australia and Europe in 2010.
It became a big fad in the US and Japan soon after. In Japan, air fryers are often used in cooking chips while it’s a popular product used in cooking chicken wings in the UK and Netherlands.
An air fryer can be adjusted and usually has a timer that allows the user to cook food accordingly. Food is then cooked inside the cooking basket.
There are various air dryers that claim to use 80% less cooking oil compared to other fryers while others require to be shaken every now and then to make sure that the food is cooked throughout the process. Since air fryers use lesser oil, it is believed to be a healthy alternative to deep fry your food.
Air Fryer vs. Deep Fryer: Which is the Best?
Now before you turn this down and choose a deep fryer, it’s best that you get to know this item and by doing so, you can then decide if it is worth buying or not.
They say that appearance is everything however if you compare a deep fryer from an air fryer, you will notice that they may have the some of the same features while they also differ in so many ways.
For one, they are very different when it comes to their controls, digital screens and temperature adjustments. Some air fryers may have a ready signal that can be controlled with a controller or an automatic shut-off system.
Others may have pre-set cooking settings which will allow you to work on other things while using it. In short, an air fryer is a simple appliance that can be operated with a single touch or can be used with automatic settings.
Deep fryers on the other hand are lovely if you want to cook something that is made with love. It can produce delicious smelling food but it can also leave you with an unpleasant smell once the food you are cooking is burned.
However, there are also deep fryers that can be adjusted with controls especially if you are looking for something that can control odors or cooking time. If you want something that you can control while cooking then a deep fryer is a good choice.
Of course, you just have to watch out with the messy-ness of using it too especially if you are going to cook something that’s heavy or in large batches.
By physical appearance, an air fryer is a bit smaller compared to a deep fryer. It is also more compact and a bit lighter than the deep fryer itself. Some air fryers can weigh about 2 lbs. the most which is large enough if you are cooking for 3-4 people.
Now if you have a large family or if you are often cooking for events or gatherings then a deep fryer is a good choice to have. Generally, a deep fryer can cook up to 12 cups or more food (serving may vary too) but that will also depend on how big your deep fryer is.
Fryers are great appliance as they can help you cook healthy food. If you love eating something crispy without using too much oil then an air fryer is what you need.
Deep fryers on the other hand need a large amount of oil when in use as you need to submerged food in it in order to cook it through.
Air fryers use at least 80% lesser oil compared to it and that is why it is one of the most recommended products by health-conscious customers.
When it comes to investing money on a certain appliance, it is important that you check the product’s capacity, brand or maker, usefulness and warranty. It is also best that you consider the benefits and ask yourself why you should get one.
Air fryers are great for those who are looking for something that is reliable, easy to clean and maintain but at the same time can cook food just like a deep fryer. However, don’t expect that air fryers come in cheap.
The best ones in the market are around $60 to $200 or more. So you might as well have the budget if you are planning to get this one.
Deep fryers on the other hand are cheaper compared to air fryers. This is great for practical shoppers who are looking for something that can be used easily.
Of course there are also pricey deep fryers but hey, if you are on a tight budget then while not work on what you have within your budget range, right? Deep fryers are usually priced around $50 or so but not more than a thousand.
For those of you who are not into high maintenance appliances then getting the deep fryer is a really good deal. All you need to do is to wipe and spray this product and you will be done in no time.
Air fryers may take special precaution in terms of cleaning and maintenance. While both fryers are beloved by customers, it is always best to routinely check your fryer and see if there are breaks, cracks, stubborn dirt that needs to be cleaned off, and check for other wear and tear if you wish to keep them for a long period of time.
6. Wattage and Capacity
Most air fryers are required to have 800 and 1400 watts but before buying one, make sure that you know what kind of wattage is installed in your kitchen outlet. Deep fryers and air fryers may have different wattages so make sure to check it first to avoid accidents.
In terms of capacity, deep fryers can cook 2.5 lbs of food at a time. In case you need bigger capacity for food then choose deep fryers but if you are going to cook for a small family or for a few people only then an air fryer is a good option to take.
The Benefits of Owning an Air Fryer
There might be some people who are not too open about air fryers as they are firm believers of the deep fryer but there are also certain benefits when using this product. Before you change your mind, here are the top 10 benefits of air fryers:
- Anyone can use it – if you are not too keen on cooking and your cooking skills depends on how useful an appliance is then this is the one you should get. Although I don’t encourage you to not learn how to cook at all, using an air fryer can get you started. All you have to do is to get the right recipe, turn on the air fryer, set it at the right temperature and timer and you are done!
- It’s not too messy to use – in comparison to deep fryers, air fryers uses less oil and so it is not too messy to clean up once you are done using it. The only thing that you need to clean in this appliance is the basket bowl.
- It’s easy to clean – as mentioned, not only is this not messy to use, it is also easy to clean. You don’t have to worry about removing oil too as it only uses little. So if you want something that is not much of a burden to clean, air fryer is the answer.
- It uses less oil – deep fryers may use tons of oil when cooking food but with an air fryer, you can rest assured that you don’t have to deal with oily food afterwards. You can use around a tablespoon or two of oil with an air fryer so you know for a fact that you don’t have to worry about clogged arteries in the future!
- All parts are removable – air fryers are easy to use and since all parts are removable, it makes cleaning a lot better.
- It has multifunction uses – air fryers is not exclusive for frying alone; in fact, it can be used in many ways. You can toast bread in it, fry chicken and even grill pork. Not only can you use it other ways but you are also serving your family a healthier meal since it does not require you to use a lot of cooking oil.
- It is safe to use – it is very safe to use compared to deep fryers. Its temperature can be controlled so there’s no risk of overcooking or burning your food. Since it does not require you to use too much oil, you are free from oil splatter. Air fryers are also designed with non-slip feet so you don’t have to worry that this will slide off your counter. It is also ETL certified which proves that it’s a safe appliance to use that even your teenage children can operate it.
- It can cook food fast enough – compared to other types of appliance, an air fryer can cook your food faster than you can think. All you have to do is set your food at the right temperature, cooking time and wait for the alarm. Once the alarm sounds off, you can rest assured that your food is done in no time.
- It’s automatic – unlike other appliances, this air fryer works automatically. Depending on the type of air fryer you pick, all machines work with automatic features once it is placed according to the settings that you like. So you don’t have to attend to it while your food is being cooked. This alone tells you that it’s a convenient product to use.
- It provides you with low fat food – since this product uses hot air to cook food, you know for a fact that your food does not mix with other harmful substances. You also need to use a small amount of oil so cholesterol levels are lesser compared to using a deep fryer. It also produces crispier and tastier food so not only are you serving good food but healthier meals every day.
How to Find the Right Air Fryer and What to Look Out For
So there you have it, the top 10 air fryer review that you need to know. Are you ready for shopping? Before you finally do that, you need to know how to find the right air fryer first. Here’s what you need to do!
The size usually plays an important role. If you have a big family and if you are planning to use it often then finding the right size to use is important. Of course, if you live alone or if you only have guest every now and then a reasonable size should also be considered. Most air fryers have a 1.8 to 2.5 gallons capacity so you better check which ones would work out for you.
When it comes to temperature range it is best to find one that has a wide range in terms of temperature. Some models are only designed up to 300 degrees while there are others can go up to 400. It is also best to get something that has the highest maximum temperature.
You should also look for something that has an alert notification. Air fryers with audible alerts are excellent especially if you want to save time. It should be something that you can hear even if you are on the other side of the house.
It should also have an indicator so you know what’s up. Lastly, consider something that is within your budget range; an air fryer with great design and style is also great but make sure that it’s always multifunctioning so you can enjoy your money’s worth.
If you are to buy an air fryer, design may come in last. What’s important is to find something that actually works just as what the ads promised you. Of course, it never fails to inquire about a product.
A recommended brand is also something you should look into and lastly, make sure that you have enough budget to splurge on it. Keep in mind that you have all the options to choose from; just make sure that the one you pick is something you won’t regret. We hope that you find this review helpful; enjoy your shopping!